|FULL SIZE - J E E P S|
<<< CORRECTIONS and additional Notes (input from Paul Weitlauf) >>> 1) Actually CJ stands for CiviJeep. It was trademarked by Willys-Overland but never actually used. The model NAME for the CJ was 'Universal' until 1972, when it was dropped and the bobtailed Jeeps were just known by their CJ-5, 6, 7, 8 & 10 designations. 1945 was the first production year for the CJ-2 Agri-Jeep (12 made). 2) DJ stands for Dispatch Jeep, not delivery. First introduced in 1952 as the DJ-3A, I'll have to check into the last year of formal DJ's. Later Postal Jeeps are commonly called DJ's, but I recently found out, at least in later years, this is not completely correct, they had D- #'s. According to "JEEP - The 50 year history" it appears '73 was the last year for non-governmental DJ's. 3) XJ Wagoneer's last year was '92. In '93 the XJ Wagoneer equal was called the Briarwood 4) YJ's were made from '87-'95! There was NO '96 model Wrangler at all!!! 5) ZJ Grand Wagoneer '93 - ? Not sure, but I THINK this was only made in '93. (editor: regardless of the year, it doesn't qualify for recongition, it is NOT a "Grand Wagoneer", it's more a Chrysler mini-van with wallpaper... ;) 6) VJ Jeepster '48-'50 (2WD only) :( 7) FC Forward Control Trucks Nov'56 ('57 model?) -'66 8) C-101 Jeepster Commando '67-'73 (Jeepster part of the name was dropped in '72, so '72 & '73's are just Commandos.) (editor: many of these shared parts with the CJ-6) 9) 4XX & 6XX Willys Wagons & P/U's '46-'65 for Wagons, '48-'65 10) This only lists the Civilian models, less the little Jeep van... not sure what these were called and there's not much written on them. 11) The list for military models is almost as long. (Quad, MA, MB, MC/M-38, MD/M-38A1, etc....) :) 12) There were four Grand Wagoneers made in 1992, although the last official year was 1991. The very last FSJ is in the National Auto Museum in Reno, Nevada. I've visited with it... touched it... photographed it... ;) (thanks to Paul Weitlauf for input and corrections)
* * * J E E P C O D E S * * *
* * * J E E P C O D E S * * * ------------------------------- CJ - CiviJeep - 1945 - 1986 (see #1 below) ------------------------------- DJ - Dispatch Jeep - 1952 - 1973 (see #2 below) ------------------------------- KJ - Liberty - 2001 - ? (we miss the XJ...) ------------------------------- MJ - Comanche - 1984 - 1991 (shared many things with the XJ) ------------------------------- FULL SIZE JEEPS ==================================== SJ - Wagoneers - 1963 - 1983 SJ - Grand Wagoneers - 1984 - 1991 (4 made in 1992, see #12 below) SJ - Cherokees - 1974 - 1983 SJ - J series - 1963 - 1986 ==================================== (no idea what the compass and patriot models are, nor do I care at this time...) ------------------------------- TJ - Wrangler - 1997 - present ------------------------------- VJ - the 2wd JEEPSTER - 1948 - 1950 (see #6 below) ------------------------------- WJ - Grand Cherokee - 1999 - 2004 (completely new design, different from the ZJ) the WJ is a superb jeep - avoid the 4.0L, it uses the same weak trans as the ZJ and will not get that much better mileage than the 4.7L V8 which is a superb engine!) WK - Grand Cherokee - 2005 - present (completely new design, different from the WJ) (note: the WK has independent front suspension, less visibility, and what's up with no "J" in the designator??? - it's a horrible change from the WJ.) ------------------------------- XJ - Cherokees - 1984 - 2001 -- THIS WAS the BEST all around Jeep ever!!! XJ - Wagoneers - 1984 - 1992 (see #3 below) ------------------------------- YJ - Wrangler - 1987-1995 (see #4 below) ------------------------------- ZJ - Grand Cherokee - 1993 - 1998 (this is the GC with the Park/Reverse issue!) -------------------------------john's vehicle history
john's vehicle history
FSJ Wagoneers, Grand Wagoneers, J-trucks and CherokeesFSJ pages FSJ tech FSJ rigs
the all new FSJ magazine is now in printI've been writing technical articles for the new FSJ magazine. Details at: www.fsjmagazine.com
www.wagoneer.net JC's Road Warrior
XJ CherokeesXJ pages XJ tech XJ rigs
WJ - Jeep Grand Cherokees - launched in 1999.A completely new design and totally different than the ZJ's they replaced.
WJ technical pagesspecs on WJ-acceleration.html
specs on WJ-braking.html
specs on WJ-comparison.html
specs on WJ-offroad.html
Support this site, call 1-800-956-5695
and order AMSOIL products,
please use customer # 283461, Thank You!
copyright © 1998-2001 john meister
some internet history
- John Meister and Mike Lacher meet on rec.autos.4x4 circa spring 1995
- Mike Lacher posts "Wagoneer Owners UNITE" on rec.autos.4x4 circa 1995
- Mike and John meet up with SuperKen, Michael Baxter and so on June 1995
- FSJ charter members assemble Fall 1995, emails via "cc"
- late 1995 Zynet.com offers list service and webspace
- late 1995 john starts HTML home page on compuserve.com
- Zynet disappears, spring 1996, resort to "cc" emails via john's eudora
- Tehabi.com offers list service
- John takes on role at Off-road.com Jan 97 as FSJ editor, moves FSJ list in Aug 97
- John quits ORC in Nov 97, banned from FSJ list by list server owner
- John forms new list on digest.net and lives happily ever after
- John buys 1999 WJ - June 2001.
SJ Full Size Jeeps - - XJ Cherokees - - WJ Grand Cherokees
john started the FSJ and XJ lists and maintains copies of the digests on this server: - - subscribe FSJ - - subscribe XJ list
CUSTOMER NUMBER is 283461
or click here
support johnmeister.com/jeep/sj shop AMAZON.com (click for recommendations)
fotos: 2008 -
fotos: best -
fotos: 2007 -
fotos: 2006 -
all fotos -
photography, html and content
copyright © 2008 - john meister
temporary files -
see john's tmcp
on power consumption.
10.3 DVD iso
linuxmeister at comcast dot net
the cult of vi
basic vi info
living by faith
the 2006 adventure in WA-ID-MT-WY-SD
the '91 Grand Wagoneer
MITCHELL, SD - CORN PALACE WEBCAM: http://www.cornpalace.org/newpages/webcam.html
john's TRAVEL fotos
a free gift?
is evolution a religion?
Help with Bible study
john's Fotos -
Shop - Amazon.com
Let's make one thing perfectly clear: Jesus Christ is Lord. One Lord, one faith, one hope, one way to God, one salvation. Acts 4:12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved." Romans 10:9-10 says it all concerning how you will be saved: 1) confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and 2) believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead. Nothing more, nothing less. Believe, confess, you're in. Sealed for eternity by the BLOOD of the LAMB! Verse 10 explains that with the heart a person believes - resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth confess Jesus as Lord, resulting in Salvation! That's it. Galatians 5:3 says that we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness. Ephesians 1:13 says: ...after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise. Ephesians 2:8 - It's by grace through Faith, NOT of ourselves... it's a GIFT!!! No actions or works... 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, that no one should boast. Romans 5:8-9 - while we were yet sinners... we are justified by His blood, SAVED from wrath... 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. So, let me make one more thing perfectly clear. You don't need to be baptized to be saved. You don't need to do good works to be saved. You don't need to go to church or the mission field to be saved. But if you love Him who first Loved us, you'll do those things! Those things are expected of those that love the Lord. But those things do not save us, redeem us or make us righteous. Our works should be there, the book of James points out that faith without works is dead. But please don't spread a false gospel and tell me or others that if they aren't baptized or if they don't speak in tongues, or don't do works that they won't be saved... because that is minimizing the amazing grace of our Lord and the blood of His precious Son! And if you think you can lose your salvation, please see Ephesians 1:13 and 4:30 again, and then ask, "what part of sealed unto the day of redemption" don't you understand? Examine Romans 8 and see what can separate us from the love of God... nothing... Once saved, always saved. Now live like it... don't bring shame upon the name of Jesus Christ. We're sinners and we're going to sin, see I John 1:9... Remember to Walk in the Spirit (see Galatians 5:13-26, Ephesians 5:15-32 and I Thessalonians 5:14-24). It's a spiritual battle... prepare yourself, see Ephesians 6:10-18... It's not about hate. Hate is not a part of the Gospel of Christ, nor His ministry. We are to reach out in love to the blind and lost of this world... to share with them the Gospel of Jesus Christ... He came, He lived, He died in our place for our sins... and rose from the dead. Christianity is different... there is an empty tomb. Christ rose from the dead. He is God. We are to love people; but hate sin and the powers of darkness. Telling someone that what they are doing is wrong according to the Word of God is not hate. No more than telling someone not to stick their hand in boiling water. We share because we care. We warn because it's serious... it's forever, eternal. God's Word is reliable and to be trusted. It's stood the test of time and critics. Examine it yourself. Our responsibility is to warn and share; it's not our job to convert or force anyone. Of course this is all by faith. Show me your faith, and I'll show you mine. And I'll ask, "What can your faith do for me?" And I can tell you what faith in Christ will do for you. Peace, now and forever. Forgiveness of sins. Fellowship with God and His saints. Freedom from sin and guilt. Freedom to love others. Freedom to live my life and know that I'll be with Christ forever. Freedom to warn others and do my best to explain what I've found in the Word of God. But also freedom to understand that it's their choice... and knowing that in the end that: Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. The just shall live by Faith! ============================================================= The just shall live by Faith... Der Gerechte wird aus Glauben leben... Mas El Justo vivira Por Fe... Le Juste vivra par la foi... Habakkuk 2:4b, Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:11, Hebrews 10:38 ============================================================= Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1
to email john at wagoneers dot com :
Since 1994, digital.forest has served the Seattle area, the US, and more than 40 other countries with Hosting, Colocation, and Development services for all types of Web-enabled applications on all major platforms.
recommended amazon itemsNOTE: if links do not appear, turn off Ad blocker software on your browser, or use the search tool above.
automotive itemsused these on my 6.2L Diesel - 1991 Grand Wagoneer project: