One of the main selling points of heelys is the ability to do tricks. Unfortunately, there is a lot of skill required to do this. But you can dramatically improve your performance with a few modifications to your wheel or making some adjustments at home. Below are some adjustments you can make to boost your skills right away.
Remove the existing wheels
- To remove the existing wheels, hold the wheel and pull it out from the hub. It should come out easily.
- Once the wheel is removed, you can then place your new wheel on to the hub. The L shaped part of the wheel will go in first and then you can push down until it clicks in place.
- To secure your wheel into place make sure you are holding onto both sides of your wheel and then push down with force so that it fits into place correctly.
Loosen each wheel
If you need to take the wheels off of your Heelys shoes, there are a few different methods. The first is to use the allen wrench that comes with the shoe. The second is to use a screwdriver.
- Use the allen wrench to loosen each wheel by turning the tool in a counterclockwise motion. You should see the wheel come off once you have loosened it enough.
- Once it is loose enough, grab hold of the wheel and pull it out of its housing.
- Take your screwdriver and insert it into the hole where each wheel was once located. While holding onto your Heelys shoe with one hand, push down on the tip of your screwdriver with your other hand until you feel it poking through another hole in your Heelys shoe.
- Remove your screwdriver from this hole and repeat on both sides until you have removed all four screws from one side of your Heelys shoe.
Next you need to unscrew the axle from its mounting bracket
For Heelys, the wheel is mounted to the shoe with a standard 15mm cone wrench. The axle has three nuts (on older models) or one nut (on newer models) that you need to unscrew.
If your wheel has a cone wrench, it should be on the side of your wheel. If not, it will be on the side of your wheel’s mounting bracket.
To remove the wheel from its mounting bracket, loosen all three bolts (or one bolt) by turning them counterclockwise with a 15mm wrench. Once they’re loose, pull up on the wheel and remove it from the shoe.
About how much are Heelys?
Heelys are a popular brand of shoes that have wheels in the heels. The company says they help you “skate and walk,” but they’re mostly used by kids as a fun way to ride around on skateboards, scooters and other things that don’t need wheels.
You can buy Heelys online or at specialty stores like Zumiez or Foot Locker, but prices vary depending on what model you want and where you buy it. Here’s how much Heelys cost:
- Heelys H-Street 2.0 Pro – $60-$70
- Heelys H-Street 2.0 Classic – $50-$60
- Heelys H-Street 2.0 Classic Junior – $50-$60
- Heelys H-Street X2 – $40-$50
- Heelys H-Street X2 Junior – $40-$50
How do you take the wheels out of Heelys?
You can take the wheels out of your Heelys for a variety of reasons. For example, if you want to clean them, or if you want to change their position or color, or if you want to take them on an airplane and stow them in your luggage.
To remove the wheels from your Heelys:
- First, make sure that your shoes are completely dry. Then unscrew all four screws with a Phillips-head screwdriver. The screws are located on top of each shoe. Be careful not to lose them.
- Now pop off the covers on each side of your Heelys. These covers will reveal two silver nuts underneath each shoe (one nut per side). Unscrew these nuts with a wrench or socket set so that they turn counterclockwise when facing the front of the shoe.
- Once both nuts have been removed, pull off the tongue piece attached to each shoe by pulling it forward and lifting it up at an angle so that it comes off easily without damaging anything else on your shoes. This is an important step so don’t skip it!
There are different ways to take out the wheels from heelys
Here are some ways to take out the wheels from heelys:
- Unscrew the nuts on top of the wheel
- Pull out the axle by hand
- Use a screwdriver (or something similar) to push out the axle
- Twist off the cap at the bottom of each wheel, using your fingers or pliers, and pull out the axle by hand
With the wheels removed, it won’t actually be that hard to skate around, although things like ramps and stairs will still be tricky. Still, this is a DIY modification that I wouldn’t recommend for anyone who is not comfortable taking out the wheels or doesn’t know exactly what they’re doing.